Pages

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Easter holidays are here!

Wow! What a busy month it has been for me. I had to submit 4 pieces of coursework this month, each piece for different modules of my programme; mathematics.  The deadline for my final piece was last Saturday at 3am in the morning, needless to say that I was up till the early hours of Saturday morning finishing my coursework off. This coursework is quite important as it counts towards 30% of my final mark for one of my modules called numerical methods. I may have mentioned this in my previous blog. What a way to end the term.

As I submitted this coursework at the end of this term, I suppose it will be quite a while till I receive my marks. Hopefully I shall receive all my coursework marks at the beginning of next term, if not then at least before my exams. This term has been quite strenuous and busy, especially compared to the last. I just can’t wait till the exams are over and then I can enjoy my summer holiday peacefully with no revision or studying bugging me.

Although it is the beginning of the Easter holidays, I will be very busy as I have 4 exams to revise for and they are all very important in ensuring that I do well overall this year in my studies. I can’t believe that there is only 4 and a half weeks left till I sit my first exam left. Such a short amount of time and so much to do. Luckily I have made sure that all my notes are up to date and I have made some photocopies of some notes from my friends just to fill in any minor gaps in my folder. So hopefully, it’s just a case of reading trough my notes and answering past paper questions under time conditions. Luckily I do have two revision sessions for 2 of the modules left after the Easter break. So if I do have any questions, I can ask my lecturers then. First I just want to have a thorough read of my notes for myself just to find out what I do and don’t understand, and then I can go further from there.  

Aside from that, over the last few weeks I have been making frequent visits to the careers library to find out what’s going on in terms of job availability. Turns out not a lot. It’s quite tough to get a graduate job nowadays. There is a lot of competition and approximately 30 people are competing for just one vacancy. The number of vacancies available has decreased as the years go by and the job market is extremely competitive.  So I am now looking to do some postgraduate study after completing my degree. I’m not sure what kind of postgraduate degree I want to do at the moment; I’m just doing some research and looking at my options.

Anyways that’s enough for now. Hopefully I will be able to write again soon. Until then, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment