Pages

Monday 12 December 2011

End of Term!


Wow! It’s the end of term and I couldn’t be happier. Over the past 2 months, I have been extremely busy with coursework and project work. In fact, I have submitted my proposal last night. With only one week left till the end of term, most of my classes are dedicated to doing past paper exam questions. I think this is useful as it will help us, come the final exams. 

Submitting the proposal was kind of stressful as it contains guidelines and timelines of what work I will be carrying out over the next 4/5 months in order to complete my project of the highest standard. Considering our project (including the proposal) makes up half the total marks of my 30 credits: Research Methods course, it is essential that I keep up-to-date and on task to meet the targets which I have set up for myself. 

I am very much looking forward to working on my project. The title of my project is ‘Time Series Analysis for FTSE 100 and Forecasting’. Luckily I have gathered all my data which I wish to use to carry out my analysis. I will be using different software packages such as Microsoft Excel as well as Minitab (Statistical Package) to complete my work.  Having met up with my supervisor twice over the last month or so, I have gained valuable advice and knowledge on how to develop my project. One of the difficulties I did encounter when writing my proposal, was that I started off quite generally. The language I used wasn’t vague, however the way I was writing, meant that I was covering a wide area involving Finance. Learning to cut it down and make it more specific initially was quite difficult. However when my supervisor actual questioned me on exactly what I was going to do as part of my project. I was able to say it out loud. So I guess I was just having difficulty interpreting my thoughts onto paper. After doing that, I was able to successfully complete my proposal. I have to say, that I am quite pleased with the end result. My hard work paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment