Pages

Wednesday 5 January 2011

NEW YEAR!

Well it is the first week of the New Year and I thought it would be fitting to begin with a few New Year resolutions. Yes, I know that this seems like the thing we used to talk about during primary school, but you know there is a child in me somewhere and I’m eager to let it out.
My new year’s resolution is to spend more time with my family. You see the thing with me is that even though everyone was at home this Christmas holidays, I was in my room. I had bought a laptop a few days after Boxing Day and therefore have spent the last week or so in my bedroom getting better acquainted with my laptop. I don’t even watch TV anymore because I know I can catch up with everything on BBC iplayer.  Currently my favourite television programmes are; Eastenders, Holby City and Silent Witness.
I enjoy watching Silent Witness because although it’s a criminal drama investigating murders, the characters do so in a scientific way; through pathology and forensic experiments. As you may have guessed, I am really interested in science. I find it fascinating and intellectually stimulating. My favourite character for sure is Nikki Alexander, portrayed by Emilia Fox. She’s really passionate and determined when going about her work. Even though she’s extremely skilled and confident in her profession as a forensic pathologist, she’s really down to earth and lively. She’s easy going and makes friends quickly.
The best thing about having a laptop is that I can use it whenever I want and I don’t have to share with my brothers (as they can use the house computer) and also I can catch up on my favourite dramas whenever I feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment